Child Care Health Consulting
As required by the Louisiana Department of Education, all Child Care facilities must receive a total of 3 hours annually of health and safety training from a Child Care Health Consultant. I strive to create fun, interactive and informative health trainings that meet the needs of you and your staff.
- Medication Administration
- Infectious Disease (Common Infections in the Child Care Setting)
- Health of the Child Care Worker
- Injury Prevention and Safety
- SIDS and Safe Sleep
- Food Safety
- Nutrition & Obesity Prevention
- Food Allergies
- Mini Health Trainings for Parents (price varies)
- Supporting Breastfeeding in the Child Care Setting
- Custom Class Based on the Needs of Your Facility
Cost: $20 per person for 5+ people or a flat rate of $100 (4 or less)
School Health Consulting
A school health consultant is a trained health professional that provides support and advice to improve the health of the students and staff in the school setting. As a school health consultant I partner with schools to create and implement health policies and individual student health plans. School health consulting services do not replace a school nurse but rather complement her efforts. Schools health consulting services can also assist student support coordinators, in schools without nurses, in creating healthier learning spaces for the students.
- Create and Implement Health Plans for Students with Chronic Conditions (Diabetes, Asthma, Food Allergies, Seizures, High Blood Pressure, etc)
- Facilitate Student and Staff Health Education Classes
- Conduct Faculty CPR Trainings (See CPR Training below)
- Provide Pre-participation Sports Physicals for Athletes $20 per athlete
As a family nurse practitioner, I serve as a medical liason for schools and academic networks by making serious health conditions more school friendly. My scope of practice allows me to assess, diagnose and treat health conditions. I can also consult with staff and parents about various medical conditions and recommend appropriate health plans. I offer various levels of support depending on the size and budget of your school. Please contact me to arrange a meeting.
I am certified to teach CPR, AED, and First aid skills to parents, schools, day cares, and health care workers. Upon completion of each class students will receive confirmation of successful completion. Within 1-2 weeks of completion, participants will receive a certification card valid for 2 years. If you provide services to the community (i.e. child care center, school, etc) you should take the Heartsaver Course. If you are a health care worker, you are required to take the Health Care Provider BLS Course.
- BLS Health Care Provider (groups only)
- BLS Skills Session Only
- Heartsaver CPR & AED (Adult & Child)
- Heartsaver CPR + First aid
- Heartsaver CPR Skills Session Only
- Pediatric Heartsaver CPR & AED (Child & Infant)
- Pediatric CPR + First aid
- First Aid (only)
CPR Skills Sessions
Please print out your certificate of completion and bring it with you to your Skills Session appointment.
I am a certified Family Nurse Practitioner, a Louisiana Child Care Health Consultant and an American Heart Association CPR Instructor. I have spent my entire nursing career caring for children with acute and chronic illnesses. I also have over 15 years of CPR experience. I truly enjoy educating and training child care centers, schools and businesses on how to create safe and healthy environments.